Riverstix Church of God in Christ Mennonite Church (Riverstix, Ohio, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Riverstix Church of God in Christ Mennonite Church, now extinct, located at Riverstix, Medina County, Ohio, was organized in 1871 with 6 members; services were held in homes. Later the membership increased to 18 and services were held in schools, one of which was later purchased for a church building. Henry Leatherman, who was ordained in 1879, and Sam Leatherman were their first ministers. Later C. G. Buerge served as pastor for many years. The congregation dissolved by members moving away. It ceased to exist about 1943.


Author(s) P. G Hiebert
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Hiebert, P. G. "Riverstix Church of God in Christ Mennonite Church (Riverstix, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 20 Sep 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Riverstix_Church_of_God_in_Christ_Mennonite_Church_(Riverstix,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=84613.

APA style

Hiebert, P. G. (1959). Riverstix Church of God in Christ Mennonite Church (Riverstix, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 September 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Riverstix_Church_of_God_in_Christ_Mennonite_Church_(Riverstix,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=84613.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 345. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.