From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:47, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Bethany (Betania) Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), Pulguillas, Coamo, Puerto Rico, founded in 1946, had 111 members in 1958. The first meetinghouse, a tabernacle type church, built in 1946, was replaced in 1949. Paul Lauver was the first pastor, followed by Lester Hershey who was still the pastor in 1959. This was the first Mennonite congregation in Puerto Rico.

Bibliography

Widmer, Gladys. We Enter Puerto Rico. Elkhart, IN: Mennonite Board of Missions and Charities, 1952.


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Bethany Mennonite Church (Pulguillas, Coamo, Puerto Rico)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 24 Nov 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethany_Mennonite_Church_(Pulguillas,_Coamo,_Puerto_Rico)&oldid=75480.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1959). Bethany Mennonite Church (Pulguillas, Coamo, Puerto Rico). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 November 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethany_Mennonite_Church_(Pulguillas,_Coamo,_Puerto_Rico)&oldid=75480.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1065. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.