Jump to: navigation, search

Bethany Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), southwest of Imlay City, Lapeer County, Michigan, was organized on 17 June 1918 under the Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Conference by Peter Ropp, its first leader. Paul Wittrig, ordained for this congregation in 1938, was the minister in 1954. In 1953 the membership was 30. The congregation closed about 1990.

Author(s) Paul A Wittrig
Date Published 1953

[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Wittrig, Paul A. "Bethany Mennonite Church (Imlay City, Michigan, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 23 Oct 2016.,_Michigan,_USA)&oldid=113726.

APA style

Wittrig, Paul A. (1953). Bethany Mennonite Church (Imlay City, Michigan, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 October 2016, from,_Michigan,_USA)&oldid=113726.

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 303. All rights reserved.

©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.