From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:11, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Bethany Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (formerly known as Emmanuel Church of God in Christ Mennonite Church) is located one mile south of Rich Hill, Bates County, Missouri. It was organized in 1923. The first worship services were held in homes and schools. In 1942 a church was built with a seating capacity of 120, with Henry Dirks as the leading minister. In 1945 J. J. Esau was ordained as minister and Nathan Schmidt as deacon. The 1955 membership was 90, with Harvey Yost and Henry Dirks as ministers. In 2008 the membership was 160; the ministers were Myron Koehn, Gary Schmidt, and Lance Dirks.

Additional Information

Address: One mile south of Rich Hill, and 0.5 miles west on gravel road

Phone: 417-395-2411

Denominational Affiliation: Church of God in Christ, Mennonite


Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

, . "Bethany Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (Rich Hill, Missouri, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 22 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethany_Church_of_God_in_Christ,_Mennonite_(Rich_Hill,_Missouri,_USA)&oldid=80465.

APA style

, . (1956). Bethany Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (Rich Hill, Missouri, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bethany_Church_of_God_in_Christ,_Mennonite_(Rich_Hill,_Missouri,_USA)&oldid=80465.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 203. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.