From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:42, 16 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Bertie Old Order Mennonite congregation began services in 1889. The building was shared with the Mennonite Conference of Ontario group known as the Bertie or Sherkston Mennonite Church. The congregation originated through division from the Mennonite Conference of Ontario in 1889 over adoption of Sunday school, the English language and revivalism.

The meetinghouse was located on Lot 35, Concession 1 of Bertie Township. In 1925 there were 3 members. The congregation dissolved in 1926. It had been affiliated with the Old Order Mennonite Conference since 1889. The language of worship was German.



Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published April 1986


Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Bertie Old Order Mennonite Church (Sherkston, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 1986. Web. 3 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bertie_Old_Order_Mennonite_Church_(Sherkston,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=54525.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (April 1986). Bertie Old Order Mennonite Church (Sherkston, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 3 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bertie_Old_Order_Mennonite_Church_(Sherkston,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=54525.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.