From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Rosthern, Saskatchewan. Aeltester John D. Reddekopp served in the 1960s as a non-salaried congregational leader. The congregation dissolved in 1966. It had been affiliated with the Bergthaler Mennonite Church of Saskatchewan. The language of worship was German.

The congregation began services and formally organized in 1901. The first building was occupied in 1902. Heinrich Bergen is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through colonization from Manitoba.

Membership decreased so that in 1966 the church building was demolished, having been unused for several years.

[edit] Bibliography

Doell, Leonard. Bergthaler Mennonite Church of Saskatchewan, 1892-1975. Winnipeg: CMBC Publications, 1987.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published August 1986


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Bergthaler Mennonite Church (Rosthern, Saskatchewan, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. August 1986. Web. 13 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bergthaler_Mennonite_Church_(Rosthern,_Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=75419.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (August 1986). Bergthaler Mennonite Church (Rosthern, Saskatchewan, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 13 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bergthaler_Mennonite_Church_(Rosthern,_Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=75419.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.