From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Blumenheim, Saskatchewan. The congregation has been affiliated with the Bergthaler Mennonite Church of Saskatchewan.

The congregation began services in the 1920s. The first building was occupied in 1951, with a subsequent building program in 1972. The congregation originated through division from the Old Colony Mennonites.

This congregation has shared facilities with the Old Colony Mennonite Church since beginning formal worship services in 1951. In 1972 the Bergthaler church building at Schoenwiese was moved to Blumenheim; it is also used by the two groups on alternate Sundays.

[edit] Bibliography

Driedger, Leo. "Mennonite Change: The Old Colony Revisited, 1955-1977." Mennonite Life 32 (December 1977).

Doell, Leonard. Bergthaler Mennonite Church of Saskatchewan, 1892-1975. Winnipeg: CMBC Publications, 1987.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published December 1986


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Bergthaler Mennonite Church (Blumenheim, Saskatchewan, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. December 1986. Web. 30 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bergthaler_Mennonite_Church_(Blumenheim,_Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=75413.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (December 1986). Bergthaler Mennonite Church (Blumenheim, Saskatchewan, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bergthaler_Mennonite_Church_(Blumenheim,_Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=75413.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.