From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:46, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Belmont Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), Elkhart, Indiana, was started by the Prairie Street Mennonite Church as a mission outpost on 23 June 1929. The first Sunday-school superintendent was C. W. Leininger and his assistant was John Gingrich. The church was organized as a congregation in January 1949 with 57 charter members. In 1952 the pastor was S. Jay Hostetler and the membership 64. In 2005 the membership was 188.

Additional Information

Address: 925 Oxford Street, Elkhart, Indiana

Phone: 574-293-5160

Denominational Affiliations:

Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Conference

Mennonite Church USA

Maps

Map:Belmont Mennonite Church (Elkhart, Indiana)


Author(s) Leroy L Hostetler
Date Published 1953


Cite This Article

MLA style

Hostetler, Leroy L. "Belmont Mennonite Church (Elkhart, Indiana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 10 Dec 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Belmont_Mennonite_Church_(Elkhart,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=75353.

APA style

Hostetler, Leroy L. (1953). Belmont Mennonite Church (Elkhart, Indiana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 10 December 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Belmont_Mennonite_Church_(Elkhart,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=75353.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 272. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.