From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:42, 16 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Bellevue Mennonite Church (renamed Bellevue Bible Church in 1950), was located at the western edge of Peoria, Illinois. It was started in a home by C. Warren Long. Eight months later, on 6 August 1939, a basement building was dedicated. Orie A. Miller became pastor in 1940, and a completed church with parsonage was dedicated on 11 October 1942 at his ordination. The congregation was organized and joined the Illinois Mennonite Conference in 1943. It withdrew from the conference in 1952. The membership of this independent congregation in 1953 was 115.

In 2006 the congregation was located at 505 Main Street, Bellevue, Illinois with Mike Boyle as pastor.



Author(s) Orie A Miller
Date Published 1953


Cite This Article

MLA style

Miller, Orie A. "Bellevue Mennonite Church (Bellevue, Illinois, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 29 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bellevue_Mennonite_Church_(Bellevue,_Illinois,_USA)&oldid=54428.

APA style

Miller, Orie A. (1953). Bellevue Mennonite Church (Bellevue, Illinois, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Bellevue_Mennonite_Church_(Bellevue,_Illinois,_USA)&oldid=54428.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 272. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.