From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:46, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

The Beaverdam Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA) is located near Corry, Erie County, Pennsylvania. In 1940 members of the Britton Run congregation, 15 miles (25 km) south, organized a Sunday school in the village of Beaver Dam where a group of Mennonites were beginning a settlement on account of soil and atmospheric conditions favorable for growing potatoes. Ivan W. Miller, extensive potato grower from Wayne County, Ohio, had a prominent part in the development of the settlement. Lewis Kletzly, formerly of Britton Run, was one of the early workers. Jacob Weirich was the pastor until 1951, followed by Kenneth Snyder. In 2006 the pastor was Jay Conn. The 1953 membership was 95; in 2003 it was 134.

Additional Information

Address: 17721 Route 89, Corry, PA 16407

Phone: 814-665-5465

Website: Beaverdam Mennonite Church

Denominational Affiliations:

Ohio Conference of Mennonite Church USA

Mennonite Church USA

Maps

Map:Beaverdam Mennonite Church (Corry, Pennsylvania)


Author(s) John S Umble
Date Published 1953


Cite This Article

MLA style

Umble, John S. "Beaverdam Mennonite Church (Corry, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 26 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Beaverdam_Mennonite_Church_(Corry,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=75275.

APA style

Umble, John S. (1953). Beaverdam Mennonite Church (Corry, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Beaverdam_Mennonite_Church_(Corry,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=75275.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 257. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.