From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 
The Barrville Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), a member of the [[Allegheny Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Allegheny Mennonite Conference]], (five miles (eight km) north of [[Belleville (Pennsylvania, USA)|Belleville]], [[Pennsylvania (USA)|Pennsylvania)]], started in 1936 as a mission outpost of the [[Maple Grove Mennonite Church (Belleville, Pennsylvania, USA)|Maple Grove Mennonite Church]], was organized in 1956 as a separate congregation. In 1958 it had 35 members, with Elam H. Glick as pastor. A church was purchased in 1953. A new building was erected in 1959 and enlarged in 1994.
 
The Barrville Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), a member of the [[Allegheny Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Allegheny Mennonite Conference]], (five miles (eight km) north of [[Belleville (Pennsylvania, USA)|Belleville]], [[Pennsylvania (USA)|Pennsylvania)]], started in 1936 as a mission outpost of the [[Maple Grove Mennonite Church (Belleville, Pennsylvania, USA)|Maple Grove Mennonite Church]], was organized in 1956 as a separate congregation. In 1958 it had 35 members, with Elam H. Glick as pastor. A church was purchased in 1953. A new building was erected in 1959 and enlarged in 1994.
 
 
 
= Additional Information =
 
= Additional Information =
 
Address: 48 Barrville Mountain Road, Reedsville, Pennsylvania
 
Address: 48 Barrville Mountain Road, Reedsville, Pennsylvania
Line 12: Line 10:
  
 
[http://www.mennoniteusa.org/ Mennonite Church USA]
 
[http://www.mennoniteusa.org/ Mennonite Church USA]
 
 
  
 
= Maps =
 
= Maps =
 
[[Map:Barrville Mennonite Church (Lewistown, Pennsylvania)|Map:Barrville Mennonite Church (Lewistown, Pennsylvania)]]
 
[[Map:Barrville Mennonite Church (Lewistown, Pennsylvania)|Map:Barrville Mennonite Church (Lewistown, Pennsylvania)]]
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 1063|date=1959|a1_last=Bender|a1_first=Harold S|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 1063|date=1959|a1_last=Bender|a1_first=Harold S|a2_last= |a2_first= }}

Latest revision as of 18:45, 20 August 2013

The Barrville Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), a member of the Allegheny Mennonite Conference, (five miles (eight km) north of Belleville, Pennsylvania), started in 1936 as a mission outpost of the Maple Grove Mennonite Church, was organized in 1956 as a separate congregation. In 1958 it had 35 members, with Elam H. Glick as pastor. A church was purchased in 1953. A new building was erected in 1959 and enlarged in 1994.

[edit] Additional Information

Address: 48 Barrville Mountain Road, Reedsville, Pennsylvania

Phone: 814-443-2007

Denominational Affiliations:

Allegheny Mennonite Conference

Mennonite Church USA

[edit] Maps

Map:Barrville Mennonite Church (Lewistown, Pennsylvania)


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Barrville Mennonite Church (Reedsville, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 22 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Barrville_Mennonite_Church_(Reedsville,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=75185.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1959). Barrville Mennonite Church (Reedsville, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Barrville_Mennonite_Church_(Reedsville,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=75185.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1063. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.