The Austin Evangelical Fellowship (formerly Austin Evangelical Mennonite Mission) in Austin, Manitoba began services in 1942, and formally organized in 1944. The first building was occupied in 1946, with later building activity in 1980. Cornelius Thiessen is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through colonization from Saskatchewan and southern Manitoba. In 1958 the church building, constructed in 1946, was moved into town.
In 1985 there were 85 members; in 2000, 89. It has been affiliated with the Evangelical Mennonite Mission Conference. The language of worship is English.
EMMC Recorder (February 1980): 4, (January 1982): 1.
Hoeppner, Jack. Search for Renewal: The Story of the Rudnerweider/Evangelical Mennonite Mission Conference 1937-1987. 1987: 117-118, 308-309.
Address: 8 South Avenue, Austin, Manitoba
Website: Austin Evangelical Fellowship
Denominational Affiliation: Evangelical Mennonite Mission Conference
|Date Published||March 1989|
Cite This Article
Epp, Marlene. "Austin Evangelical Fellowship (Austin, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. March 1989. Web. 20 Oct 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Austin_Evangelical_Fellowship_(Austin,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=75023.
Epp, Marlene. (March 1989). Austin Evangelical Fellowship (Austin, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 October 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Austin_Evangelical_Fellowship_(Austin,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=75023.
©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.