From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Ashland Christian Fellowship was founded as the Ashland Mennonite Mission. The congregation was founded by General Conference Mennonite missionaries working among the Northern Cheyenne Indians. It is located west of Ashland, Montana, on the eastern side of the Tongue River, on the old road to the Northern Cheyenne Indian Reservation (formerly Tongue River Indian Reservation). A church built in 1917 by P. A. Kliewer served as an outstation from the Birney Mission station until 1921, when it was moved and a parsonage built. In 1924 Mr. and Mrs. Kliewer had to leave the work, and Valdo and Laura Petter then took care of this field. Valdo Petter died 5 May 1935, and after that his widow carried on the work. The membership in 2007 was 23.

In 1995 the congregation merged with Ashland Baptist Church (Southern Baptist Convention).

[edit] Additional Information

Address: Old Mission Road, Ashland, Montana

Denominational Affiliations:

Central Plains Mennonite Conference

Mennonite Church USA


Author(s) Alfred Habegger
Date Published 1955


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Habegger, Alfred. "Ashland Christian Fellowship (Ashland, Montana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1955. Web. 24 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Ashland_Christian_Fellowship_(Ashland,_Montana,_USA)&oldid=74965.

APA style

Habegger, Alfred. (1955). Ashland Christian Fellowship (Ashland, Montana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Ashland_Christian_Fellowship_(Ashland,_Montana,_USA)&oldid=74965.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 176. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.