From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Arcade Mennonite Church, Arcade, New York, joined the Mennonite Conference of Ontario in 1957.  The church was organized in 1956 and held its charter service on 16 December 1956 with 16 members from five families.  Edward Diener was the founding bishop and LeRoy Yoder was licensed as a minister to serve the congregation. In 1958 it purchased a schoolhouse in Yorkshire as a meetinghouse. The Arcade congregation discontinued after their minister had been set back from ministry by the conference due to conflicts within the small congregation.

[edit] Bibliography

Steiner, Sam.  "Arcade Mennonite Church (Arcade, N.Y.)."  Mennonite Archives of Ontario. Retrieved 12 March 2008.  <http://www.grebel.uwaterloo.ca/mao/archivesfonds/III-%201.htm>.


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Richard D. Thiessen
Date Published March 2008


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin and Richard D. Thiessen. "Arcade Mennonite Church, (Arcade, New York, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. March 2008. Web. 29 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Arcade_Mennonite_Church,_(Arcade,_New_York,_USA)&oldid=79258.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin and Richard D. Thiessen. (March 2008). Arcade Mennonite Church, (Arcade, New York, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Arcade_Mennonite_Church,_(Arcade,_New_York,_USA)&oldid=79258.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1060. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.