From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Anchor Mennonite Church was a member of the General Conference Mennonite Church. It started as a Sunday school at the Rockford schoolhouse, five miles (eight km) south of Anchor, formed by a group of about 14 families who had moved there from North Danvers, Illinois in 1884. In 1894 Joseph Stuckey, who had frequently visited and preached in the community, organized a church, of which Aaron Augspurger was elected pastor, and that joined the Central (Illinois) Conference. A frame building 30 ft. x 40 ft. was erected in 1910. The 1949 membership was 31. The congregation dissolved in 1953.


Author(s) Grace Miller
Date Published 1953


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Miller, Grace. "Anchor Mennonite Church (Anchor Township, Illinois, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 4 Dec 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Anchor_Mennonite_Church_(Anchor_Township,_Illinois,_USA)&oldid=74772.

APA style

Miller, Grace. (1953). Anchor Mennonite Church (Anchor Township, Illinois, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 4 December 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Anchor_Mennonite_Church_(Anchor_Township,_Illinois,_USA)&oldid=74772.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 119. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.