From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Anchor Mennonite Church was a member of the General Conference Mennonite Church. It started as a Sunday school at the Rockford schoolhouse, five miles (eight km) south of Anchor, formed by a group of about 14 families who had moved there from North Danvers, Illinois in 1884. In 1894 Joseph Stuckey, who had frequently visited and preached in the community, organized a church, of which Aaron Augspurger was elected pastor, and that joined the Central (Illinois) Conference. A frame building 30 ft. x 40 ft. was erected in 1910. The 1949 membership was 31. The congregation dissolved in 1953.


Author(s) Grace Miller
Date Published 1953


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Miller, Grace. "Anchor Mennonite Church (Anchor Township, Illinois, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 29 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Anchor_Mennonite_Church_(Anchor_Township,_Illinois,_USA)&oldid=74772.

APA style

Miller, Grace. (1953). Anchor Mennonite Church (Anchor Township, Illinois, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Anchor_Mennonite_Church_(Anchor_Township,_Illinois,_USA)&oldid=74772.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 119. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.