First Mennonite Church (Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA)

From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:42, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (talk | contribs) (CSV import - 20130820)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Altoona Mennonite Gospel Mission was established in 1910, under the Southwestern Pennsylvania Mennonite Conference. In 1926 a meetinghouse was built at 2504 Fourth Avenue and named the First Mennonite Church. About one half of the congregation of 68 members in 1949 lived in the city. With the exception of the staff of workers, all the members were converts of the mission. J. M. Nissley was superintendent and pastor 1919-1949.


Author(s) Joseph M Nissley
Date Published 1953


Cite This Article

MLA style

Nissley, Joseph M. "First Mennonite Church (Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 24 Oct 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=First_Mennonite_Church_(Altoona,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=74714.

APA style

Nissley, Joseph M. (1953). First Mennonite Church (Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 October 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=First_Mennonite_Church_(Altoona,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=74714.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 83. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.