From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:42, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Altona Christian-Missionary Church, located four miles (6.5 km) east of Stouffville on the South side of Uxbridge-Pickering Townline near 2nd Concession. The congregation began in 1872 and erected a building 1875. The congregation began as a division from the Dickson Hill congregation, due to the distance that some members had to travel. The congregation affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren in Christ in 1883 and continued with the Missionary Church in later years. The pastor in 1986 was V. Klaue.

Early leaders included Daniel Barkey, Menno Nighswander and Abraham Reesor. The congregation has always been English-speaking.

Bibliography

Mennonite Encyclopedia, "Altona"

Altona Christian-Missionary Church, 1875-1976.


Author(s) Everek R. Storms
Marlene Epp
Date Published April 1986


Cite This Article

MLA style

Storms, Everek R. and Marlene Epp. "Altona Christian-Missionary Church (Stouffville, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 1986. Web. 29 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Altona_Christian-Missionary_Church_(Stouffville,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=74704.

APA style

Storms, Everek R. and Marlene Epp. (April 1986). Altona Christian-Missionary Church (Stouffville, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Altona_Christian-Missionary_Church_(Stouffville,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=74704.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 82. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.