From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:42, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

As early as 1800, Mennonites living along the Ridge Road near Almont, in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, worshiped in a schoolhouse. By 1826 Mennonites joined with Lutherans and Reformed groups in the erection of a union meetinghouse. It appears that Rockhill members living in the Almont area felt the need of a place of worship in their own community. Ministers, chiefly from the Rockhill congregation, were supplied for the Mennonite services at Almont. By 1885 all rights of Mennonites to the church building were released by one of the Mennonite Church bishops. The hope for establishment of a Mennonite church at Almont was never realized.


Author(s) Quintus Leatherman
Date Published 1955


Cite This Article

MLA style

Leatherman, Quintus. "Almont (Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1955. Web. 24 Nov 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Almont_(Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=74678.

APA style

Leatherman, Quintus. (1955). Almont (Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 November 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Almont_(Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=74678.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 65. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.