Almont (Pennsylvania, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

As early as 1800, Mennonites living along the Ridge Road near Almont, in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, worshiped in a schoolhouse. By 1826 Mennonites joined with Lutherans and Reformed groups in the erection of a union meetinghouse. It appears that Rockhill members living in the Almont area felt the need of a place of worship in their own community. Ministers, chiefly from the Rockhill congregation, were supplied for the Mennonite services at Almont. By 1885 all rights of Mennonites to the church building were released by one of the Mennonite Church bishops. The hope for establishment of a Mennonite church at Almont was never realized.


Author(s) Quintus Leatherman
Date Published 1955


Cite This Article

MLA style

Leatherman, Quintus. "Almont (Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1955. Web. 21 Jun 2018. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Almont_(Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=132621.

APA style

Leatherman, Quintus. (1955). Almont (Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 June 2018, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Almont_(Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=132621.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 65. All rights reserved.


©1996-2018 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.