From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:06, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Alberta Community Church (General Conference Mennonite [GCM]), Portland, Oregon, began in 1928 at NE 26th and Alberta streets. The following summer the Alberta Community church building was rented. The work was sponsored by the Pacific District Conference and the Home Mission Board (GCM). On 29 June 1931 the congregation was organized with 11 charter members. In 1938 the Home Mission Board purchased the building in which the congregation had been meeting and remodeled it. The following have served the church: Catharine Niswander, Albert Claassen, Edmond Miller, Arnold Regier, Henry Wiebe, Clyde Dirks, and Harry Albrecht, the minister in 1958, in which year the membership was 74.

Bibliography

Burkholder, H. D. The Story of Our Conference and Churches. 1951.


Author(s) Cornelius Krahn
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Krahn, Cornelius. "Alberta Community Church (Portland, Oregon, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 30 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Alberta_Community_Church_(Portland,_Oregon,_USA)&oldid=79181.

APA style

Krahn, Cornelius. (1959). Alberta Community Church (Portland, Oregon, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Alberta_Community_Church_(Portland,_Oregon,_USA)&oldid=79181.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1057. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.