The Albany Mennonite Church is a member of the Pacific Northwest Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA). This congregation had its beginning in 1898 when several Mennonite families began to meet in schools to worship. Later they obtained a small rural building known as the Geisendorfer church. Here the congregation was organized by Bishop David Garber of Idaho in 1899. John P. Bontrager served this congregation almost continuously from its beginning, first as pastor and later as bishop after he moved to California. In 1999 the congregation merged with the Bethany Mennonite Church. Its membership in 2006 was approximately 140.
 Additional Information
Address: 3405 Kizer Ave NE, Albany OR
Website: Albany Mennonite Church
|Author(s)||V. M Kropf|
|Date Published||April 2006|
 Cite This Article
Kropf, V. M and Kevin Enns-Rempel. "Albany Mennonite Church (Albany, Oregon, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 2006. Web. 28 Feb 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Albany_Mennonite_Church_(Albany,_Oregon,_USA)&oldid=74579.
Kropf, V. M and Kevin Enns-Rempel. (April 2006). Albany Mennonite Church (Albany, Oregon, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 28 February 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Albany_Mennonite_Church_(Albany,_Oregon,_USA)&oldid=74579.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.