From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:06, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Adams Mennonite Brethren Church is a rural church west of Adams, Oklahoma. First organized as the Hooker Mennonite Brethren Church in 1905, with 30 members, its first leader was H. S. Voth. Its meetinghouse was dedicated in 1906. In the mid 1950s the present name was adopted. The membership in 1957 was 117, with Abe D. Unruh as pastor.

Additional Information

Address: P.O. Box 529, Hooker, OK 73945; Telephone: 580-253-6580.


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin. "Adams Mennonite Brethren Church (Adams, Oklahoma, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 22 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Adams_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Adams,_Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=79146.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin. (1959). Adams Mennonite Brethren Church (Adams, Oklahoma, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Adams_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Adams,_Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=79146.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1056. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.