Until 1772 Abgunstkampe was located in what was known as Royal Prussia (also known as Polish Prussia) in the Kingdom of Poland. The First Partition of Poland in 1772 resulted in the creation of a new province in 1773, called West Prussia, in which Abgunstkampe was located. The village was situated in the district (Kreis) of Marienburg until the establishment of the Free City of Danzig in 1920. The village came under the control of Nazi Germany during World War II until February 1945, when it was occupied by Soviet forces and returned to Poland.
In 1820 Abgunstkampe had 14 inhabitants, of which nine were Mennonite.
Mennonites who were residents of Abgunstkampe were members of the Tiegenhagen Mennonite Church.
Wolf, Hans-Jürgen. "Familienforschung in Westpreußen." Web. 21 February 2013. http://www.westpreussen.de/cms/ct/ortsverzeichnis/details.php?ID=8412.
|Author(s)||Richard D Thiessen|
|Date Published||February 2013|
Cite This Article
Thiessen, Richard D. "Abgunstkampe (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 2013. Web. 7 Mar 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Abgunstkampe_(Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=94015.
Thiessen, Richard D. (February 2013). Abgunstkampe (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 7 March 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Abgunstkampe_(Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=94015.
©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.