From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130820)
(CSV import - 20130823)
Line 1: Line 1:
[[File:Abgunstkampe.jpg|300px|thumb|right|''Abgunstkampe, West Prussia, early 20th century.  
+
[[File:Abgunstkampe.jpg|300px|thumb|right|''Abgunstkampe, West Prussia, early 20th century.
  
Source: [http://amzpbig.com/maps/1781_Jungfer_1936.jpg MAPSTER] MAPSTER
+
Source: [http://amzpbig.com/maps/1781_Jungfer_1936.jpg MAPSTER]'']]    Abgunstkampe (coordinates: 54.267, 19.204 [54° 16′ 1″ N, 19° 12′ 14″ E]; population in 1852, 19) was located approximately 8 kilometers (5 miles) north-east of Nowy Dwór Gdański ([[Tiegenhof (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland)|Tiegenhof]]), 16 km. (10 miles) north-west of Elbląg ([[Elbing (Warmian-Masurian Voivodeship, Poland)|Elbing]]), and 28 km. (17 miles) north-east of Malbork ([[Marienburg (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland)|Marienburg]]). Abgunstkampe was located south-east of Holm, south of Hornkampe, and south-west of Grenzdorf A, along the northern shore of the south-west corner of the Vistula Lagoon (Frisches Haff). Eventually, land in the south-west corner of the lagoon was reclaimed and the settlement was gradually converted into agricultural land.
 
+
'']]    Abgunstkampe (coordinates: 54.267, 19.204 [54° 16′ 1″ N, 19° 12′ 14″ E]; population in 1852, 19) was located approximately 8 kilometers (5 miles) north-east of Nowy Dwór Gdański ([[Tiegenhof (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland)|Tiegenhof]]), 16 km. (10 miles) north-west of Elbląg ([[Elbing (Warmian-Masurian Voivodeship, Poland)|Elbing]]), and 28 km. (17 miles) north-east of Malbork ([[Marienburg (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland)|Marienburg]]). Abgunstkampe was located south-east of Holm, south of Hornkampe, and south-west of Grenzdorf A, along the northern shore of the south-west corner of the Vistula Lagoon (Frisches Haff). Eventually, land in the south-west corner of the lagoon was reclaimed and the settlement was gradually converted into agricultural land.
+
  
 
Until 1772 Abgunstkampe was located in what was known as Royal Prussia (also known as Polish Prussia) in the Kingdom of [[Poland|Poland]]. The First Partition of Poland in 1772 resulted in the creation of a new province in 1773, called [[West Prussia|West Prussia]], in which Abgunstkampe was located. The village was situated in the district (Kreis) of Marienburg until the establishment of the [[Danzig, Free City of|Free City of Danzig]] in 1920. The village came under the control of Nazi Germany during World War II until February 1945, when it was occupied by Soviet forces and returned to Poland.
 
Until 1772 Abgunstkampe was located in what was known as Royal Prussia (also known as Polish Prussia) in the Kingdom of [[Poland|Poland]]. The First Partition of Poland in 1772 resulted in the creation of a new province in 1773, called [[West Prussia|West Prussia]], in which Abgunstkampe was located. The village was situated in the district (Kreis) of Marienburg until the establishment of the [[Danzig, Free City of|Free City of Danzig]] in 1920. The village came under the control of Nazi Germany during World War II until February 1945, when it was occupied by Soviet forces and returned to Poland.

Revision as of 14:26, 23 August 2013

Abgunstkampe, West Prussia, early 20th century. Source: MAPSTER
Abgunstkampe (coordinates: 54.267, 19.204 [54° 16′ 1″ N, 19° 12′ 14″ E]; population in 1852, 19) was located approximately 8 kilometers (5 miles) north-east of Nowy Dwór Gdański (Tiegenhof), 16 km. (10 miles) north-west of Elbląg (Elbing), and 28 km. (17 miles) north-east of Malbork (Marienburg). Abgunstkampe was located south-east of Holm, south of Hornkampe, and south-west of Grenzdorf A, along the northern shore of the south-west corner of the Vistula Lagoon (Frisches Haff). Eventually, land in the south-west corner of the lagoon was reclaimed and the settlement was gradually converted into agricultural land.

Until 1772 Abgunstkampe was located in what was known as Royal Prussia (also known as Polish Prussia) in the Kingdom of Poland. The First Partition of Poland in 1772 resulted in the creation of a new province in 1773, called West Prussia, in which Abgunstkampe was located. The village was situated in the district (Kreis) of Marienburg until the establishment of the Free City of Danzig in 1920. The village came under the control of Nazi Germany during World War II until February 1945, when it was occupied by Soviet forces and returned to Poland.

In 1820 Abgunstkampe had 14 inhabitants, of which nine were Mennonite.

Mennonites who were residents of Abgunstkampe were members of the Tiegenhagen Mennonite Church.

Bibliography

Wolf, Hans-Jürgen. "Familienforschung in Westpreußen." Web. 21 February 2013. http://www.westpreussen.de/cms/ct/ortsverzeichnis/details.php?ID=8412.


Author(s) Richard D Thiessen
Date Published February 2013


Cite This Article

MLA style

Thiessen, Richard D. "Abgunstkampe (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 2013. Web. 17 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Abgunstkampe_(Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=94015.

APA style

Thiessen, Richard D. (February 2013). Abgunstkampe (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 17 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Abgunstkampe_(Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=94015.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.