From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130820)
(CSV import - 20130823)
Line 1: Line 1:
[[File:AbbotsfordCGC.jpg|300px|thumb|right|''Abbotsford Church of God in Christ, Mennonite  
+
[[File:AbbotsfordCGC.jpg|300px|thumb|right|''Abbotsford Church of God in Christ, Mennonite
  
Source: David Giesbrecht  
+
Source: David Giesbrecht'']]    The congregation began services and formally organized in 1948 and affiliated with the [[Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (CGC)|Church of God in Christ, Mennonite]] conference. The first building was occupied in 1950, with a subsequent building program in 1959. Claude Unruh and Jacob F. Thiessen are considered the founding leaders of the group. The congregation originated through colonization from [[Alberta (Canada)|Alberta]] and [[Manitoba (Canada)|Manitoba]].
 
+
'']]    The congregation began services and formally organized in 1948 and affiliated with the [[Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (CGC)|Church of God in Christ, Mennonite]] conference. The first building was occupied in 1950, with a subsequent building program in 1959. Claude Unruh and Jacob F. Thiessen are considered the founding leaders of the group. The congregation originated through colonization from [[Alberta (Canada)|Alberta]] and [[Manitoba (Canada)|Manitoba]].
+
  
 
The congregation was first listed in the Church of God in Christ, Mennonite <em>Yearbook</em> for 1950. In 1958 it had 190 members, served by ministers Frank P. Wiebe, A. W. Baerg and [[Wilson, Arthur John “Jack” (1907-1985)|A. J. Wilson]]. Ministers Beverly Toews and Cornie Wiebe served as non-salaried congregational leaders in 2001.
 
The congregation was first listed in the Church of God in Christ, Mennonite <em>Yearbook</em> for 1950. In 1958 it had 190 members, served by ministers Frank P. Wiebe, A. W. Baerg and [[Wilson, Arthur John “Jack” (1907-1985)|A. J. Wilson]]. Ministers Beverly Toews and Cornie Wiebe served as non-salaried congregational leaders in 2001.

Revision as of 13:50, 23 August 2013

Abbotsford Church of God in Christ, Mennonite Source: David Giesbrecht
The congregation began services and formally organized in 1948 and affiliated with the Church of God in Christ, Mennonite conference. The first building was occupied in 1950, with a subsequent building program in 1959. Claude Unruh and Jacob F. Thiessen are considered the founding leaders of the group. The congregation originated through colonization from Alberta and Manitoba.

The congregation was first listed in the Church of God in Christ, Mennonite Yearbook for 1950. In 1958 it had 190 members, served by ministers Frank P. Wiebe, A. W. Baerg and A. J. Wilson. Ministers Beverly Toews and Cornie Wiebe served as non-salaried congregational leaders in 2001.

The group operates the Pacific Christian School.

Contents

Bibliography

Histories of the Congregations of the Church of God in Christ Mennonite. Ste. Anne, MB: Gospel Publishers, 1975.

Mennonite Reporter (5 Sept. 1977): 3.

Additional Information

Address: 4239 Mt. Lehman Rd., Abbotsford, BC V4X 1Y1; located in the Mount Lehman area of Abbotsford.

Telephone: 604-856-7961

Denominational Affiliation:

Church of God in Christ, Mennonite

Abbotsford Church of God in Christ, Mennonite Membership

Year Members
1975 239
1985 122
2000 138


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published December 1986


Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Abbotsford Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. December 1986. Web. 25 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Abbotsford_Church_of_God_in_Christ,_Mennonite_(Abbotsford,_British_Columbia,_Canada)&oldid=90704.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (December 1986). Abbotsford Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Abbotsford_Church_of_God_in_Christ,_Mennonite_(Abbotsford,_British_Columbia,_Canada)&oldid=90704.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.