From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[checked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130823)
m
 
(6 intermediate revisions by one user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
[[File:AbbotsfordCGC.jpg|300px|thumb|right|''Abbotsford Church of God in Christ, Mennonite
+
__FORCETOC__
 +
__TOC__
 +
[[File:AbbotsfordHoldeman.jpg|400px|thumbnail|right|''Abbotsford Church of God in Christ, Mennonite, ca. 1965.<br />
 +
Source: [http://www.thereach.ca/photo/p19743 The Reach P19743]''.]]
 +
[[File:AbbotsfordCGC.jpg|400px|thumb|right|''Abbotsford Church of God in Christ, Mennonite, 2009<br />
 +
Source: David Giesbrecht'']]
 +
The congregation began services and formally organized in 1948 and affiliated with the [[Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (CGC)|Church of God in Christ, Mennonite]] conference. The first building was occupied in 1950, with a subsequent building program in 1959. Claude Unruh and Jacob F. Thiessen are considered the founding leaders of the group. The congregation originated through colonization from [[Alberta (Canada)|Alberta]] and [[Manitoba (Canada)|Manitoba]].
  
Source: David Giesbrecht'']]    The congregation began services and formally organized in 1948 and affiliated with the [[Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (CGC)|Church of God in Christ, Mennonite]] conference. The first building was occupied in 1950, with a subsequent building program in 1959. Claude Unruh and Jacob F. Thiessen are considered the founding leaders of the group. The congregation originated through colonization from [[Alberta (Canada)|Alberta]] and [[Manitoba (Canada)|Manitoba]].
+
The congregation was first listed in the Church of God in Christ, Mennonite <em>Yearbook</em> for 1950. In 1958 it had 190 members, served by ministers Frank P. Wiebe, A. W. Baerg and [[Wilson, Arthur John “Jack” (1907-1985)|A. J. Wilson]]. Ministers Beverly Toews and Cornie Wiebe served as non-salaried congregational leaders in 2001, while in 2010, Beverly Toews served as minister.
 
+
The congregation was first listed in the Church of God in Christ, Mennonite <em>Yearbook</em> for 1950. In 1958 it had 190 members, served by ministers Frank P. Wiebe, A. W. Baerg and [[Wilson, Arthur John “Jack” (1907-1985)|A. J. Wilson]]. Ministers Beverly Toews and Cornie Wiebe served as non-salaried congregational leaders in 2001.
+
  
 
The group operates the Pacific Christian School.
 
The group operates the Pacific Christian School.
Line 19: Line 23:
 
[http://churchofgodinchristmennonite.net/ Church of God in Christ, Mennonite]
 
[http://churchofgodinchristmennonite.net/ Church of God in Christ, Mennonite]
  
<h3>Abbotsford Church of God in Christ, Mennonite Membership</h3> <table class="plain">  <tr> <th>Year
+
<h3>Abbotsford Church of God in Christ, Mennonite Membership</h3>
 
+
{| class="wikitable" style="text-align: right;"
</th> <th>Members
+
|-
 
+
!Year !!Members
</th> </tr>  <tr> <td>1975</td> <td align="right">239</td> </tr> <tr> <td>1985</td> <td align="right">122</td> </tr> <tr> <td>2000</td> <td align="right">138</td> </tr>  </table>
+
|-
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=|date=December 1986|a1_last=Epp|a1_first=Marlene|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
+
|1975 ||239
 +
|-
 +
|1985 ||122
 +
|-
 +
|2000 ||138
 +
|-
 +
|2010 ||132
 +
|}
 +
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=|date=March 2014|a1_last=Epp|a1_first=Marlene|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 +
[[Category:Churches]]
 +
[[Category:Church of God in Christ, Mennonite Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:British Columbia Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Canadian Congregations]]

Latest revision as of 07:10, 11 November 2014

Contents

Abbotsford Church of God in Christ, Mennonite, ca. 1965.
Source: The Reach P19743
.
Abbotsford Church of God in Christ, Mennonite, 2009
Source: David Giesbrecht

The congregation began services and formally organized in 1948 and affiliated with the Church of God in Christ, Mennonite conference. The first building was occupied in 1950, with a subsequent building program in 1959. Claude Unruh and Jacob F. Thiessen are considered the founding leaders of the group. The congregation originated through colonization from Alberta and Manitoba.

The congregation was first listed in the Church of God in Christ, Mennonite Yearbook for 1950. In 1958 it had 190 members, served by ministers Frank P. Wiebe, A. W. Baerg and A. J. Wilson. Ministers Beverly Toews and Cornie Wiebe served as non-salaried congregational leaders in 2001, while in 2010, Beverly Toews served as minister.

The group operates the Pacific Christian School.

[edit] Bibliography

Histories of the Congregations of the Church of God in Christ Mennonite. Ste. Anne, MB: Gospel Publishers, 1975.

Mennonite Reporter (5 Sept. 1977): 3.

[edit] Additional Information

Address: 4239 Mt. Lehman Rd., Abbotsford, BC V4X 1Y1; located in the Mount Lehman area of Abbotsford.

Telephone: 604-856-7961

Denominational Affiliation:

Church of God in Christ, Mennonite

Abbotsford Church of God in Christ, Mennonite Membership

Year Members
1975 239
1985 122
2000 138
2010 132


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published March 2014


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Abbotsford Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. March 2014. Web. 26 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Abbotsford_Church_of_God_in_Christ,_Mennonite_(Abbotsford,_British_Columbia,_Canada)&oldid=126902.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (March 2014). Abbotsford Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Abbotsford_Church_of_God_in_Christ,_Mennonite_(Abbotsford,_British_Columbia,_Canada)&oldid=126902.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.