In 1981 the church began meeting at Forest Lawn High School and the name of the church was changed to Forest Grove Evangelical Mennonite Church. In that same year the church concluded its dependence on the EMC Mission Board for financial support. In 1985 the church purchased two acres and construction was completed on a sanctuary in 1988. The name of the church was changed in that year to Abbeydale Christian Fellowship.
In February 2000 a new addition to the existing building was dedicated.
Rod Reimer, Garth Koop, Trevor Plett, Martha Burrell-Fandrich, Trevor Plett, and Shane Dell have served as Assistant and Young Life pastors.
Abbeydale Christian Fellowship. "A Brief Time Line of Abbeydale Christian Fellowship." Web. 25 March 2012. http://www.abbeydale.org/.
Mennonite Reporter (Jan. 6, 1974): 10.
Messenger (June 10, 1988): 6.
 Additional Information
Address: 1352 Abbeydale Drive SE, Calgary, AB T2A 7L8
Website: Abbeydale Christian Fellowship
Evangelical Mennonite Conference (1974-present)
Abbeydale Christian Fellowship Ministers
|Levi Smoker (interim)||2004-2005|
Abbeydale Christian Fellowship Membership
|Author(s)||Richard D Thiessen|
|Date Published||March 2012|
 Cite This Article
Thiessen, Richard D. "Abbeydale Christian Fellowship (Calgary, Alberta, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. March 2012. Web. 10 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Abbeydale_Christian_Fellowship_(Calgary,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=90698.
Thiessen, Richard D. (March 2012). Abbeydale Christian Fellowship (Calgary, Alberta, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 10 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Abbeydale_Christian_Fellowship_(Calgary,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=90698.
©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.